Glutathione (GSH) is the most important cellular defense molecule in the body when it comes to fighting infections and disease. GSH plays crucial roles in the immunity, DNA repair, and the detoxification process that processes and neutralizes toxins and chemicals.
Aside from Glutathione injections and suppositories, the best natural way to boost you own GSH production includes:
1. Sulfur-rich foods. (broccoli, kale, collards, cabbage, cauliflower, etc.).
2. Protein-rich diet (clean sources of lean protein with cysteine precursor)
3. Exercise (a mix of cardio and strength training is best)
4. N-acetyl-cysteine (treats asthma and lung disease as well as boosts GSH levels)
5. Alpha lipoic acid (a great compliment to boosting GSH)
6. Methylated B6 & B12
7. Selenium (helps the body recycle and produce more glutathione)
8. Antioxidants vitamins C and E (in the form of mixed tocopherols), work together to recycle glutathione.
9. Milk thistle (silymarin) has long been used in liver disease and helps boost glutathione levels.